It is law in the State of North Carolina that you contact North Carolina One-Call Center before you dig; and you must call 3 full business days before you dig.
What will happen when you call 811 One-Call Center?
1. Dial 811
2. One Call notifies the City of Lexington utilities
3. Lexington Utilities will mark our electric lines
4. Once marked, you can dig safely.
Have the following available when you call 811:
1. The county and city/town you are digging in
2. Location of the work (i.e. street address)
3. Nearest street crossing
4. Area to be marked
5. Date of excavation
6. Start time of excavation
7. Type of work
8. Caller's name
9. Contractor/contact number
What will happen if you DON'T Call 811?
1. Damage to environment
2. Interruption of various underground services
3. Job and project delays
4. Legal problems
5. Accidents and injuries
6. Charges for repairs to Lexington Utilities' electric lines
thanks you for cooperation in this matter and also reminds you that it is the LAW