Traditionally in February every year, Lexington City Council holds a retreat and collectively sets goals for the community for the coming year. The City Council and City Manager implement these goals by using them as the framework for building an annual budget, giving directives to City of Lexington departments, setting service levels and crafting policies.
In February 2013, City Council established the following as the Top 10 Goals for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
Additional information provided on the website is linked below for your convenience and be sure to Sign up for eNews to follow the latest progress reports on fulfilling City Council's objectives for the citizens of Lexington. You may also follow progress on Facebook or Twitter!
- Planning and development of Depot/Railstop/Plant 1
- Continue new economic direction
- Maintain City’s financial integrity
- Focus efforts on improving the City’s appearance
- Support programs that will prepare students for good citizenship, successful future and jobs
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the brand of Lexington
- Expand recreational opportunities for youth and establish activities such as senior park, biking trails, skate park, dog park, etc.
- Support development of “green” initiatives
- Pursue a diverse, professional staff that is well trained and skilled and reflects the community
- Support and partner with organizations that promote homeownership and adopt innovative approaches addressing housing options, blighted neighborhoods and neighborhood stabilization