Goal Setting Process
Traditionally in February every year, Lexington City Council holds a retreat and collectively sets goals for the community for the coming year. It is important to convey that oftentimes, City Council's goals for the community span multiple years due to the complexity and the long range vision applied in setting the future direction for the City of Lexington.
Top 10 Goals set by City Council for Fiscal Year 2013-2014:
- Planning and development of Depot/Railstop/Plant 1
- Continue new economic direction
- Maintain City’s financial integrity
- Focus efforts on improving the City’s appearance
- Support programs that will prepare students for good citizenship, successful future and jobs
- Partner with key stakeholders to define the brand of Lexington
- Expand recreational opportunities for youth and establish activities such as senior park, biking trails, skate park, dog park, etc.
- Support development of “green” initiatives
- Pursue a diverse, professional staff that is well trained and skilled and reflects the community
- Support and partner with organizations that promote homeownership and adopt innovative approaches addressing housing options, blighted neighborhoods and neighborhood stabilization
To view completed progress for the year, please click on the following link:
Goal Accomplishments to Date
Additional information in the website is linked for your convenience, accomplishments are updated periodically and be sure to Sign up for eNews to follow the latest progress reports on fulfilling City Council's objectives for the citizens of Lexington. You may also follow progress on Facebook or Twitter!